Tooth Loss: A Quiz
How much do you know about tooth loss? Are you familiar with the variety of contributing factors that may result in the loss of one or multiple teeth? Have you already researched dental implant candidacy to determine whether you qualify to replace your entire tooth, from the roots up? If you feel you know all there is to know about this complex topic (or if you are interested in filling in the information you have not yet learned) we encourage you to quiz yourself. Follow that up with a consultation with us, so we can assist you in restoring your oral health and the beauty of your smile.
Tooth Loss Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We can only use dental implants to address tooth loss if your problem stems from a strong impact.
- True or False: A good way to prevent sports-related tooth loss is investing in a sports mouth guard.
- True or False: If you have suffered tooth loss and jawbone problems as a result of periodontal disease, we may still be able to provide dental implants.
Dental Quiz Answer Key
- False. We can offer dental implants for most types of tooth loss, potentially including tooth loss due to periodontal disease, a strong impact, a tooth extraction as the result of severe infection, or a tooth that was extracted due to other serious injury.
- True. Particularly if you participate in high-impact sports, you risk tooth injury or losing a tooth altogether. You can easily prevent this (and the need for a replacement like an implant) by wearing a mouth guard.
- True. Even if your jawbone is damaged, we can often improve its volume and health with a procedure called bone grafting. Once your jaw health improves, you may qualify to replace your tooth with a dental implant.
ABOUT YOUR ROHNERT PARK, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).