Quiz: Don’t Let Implant Lies Tempt You!
Have you been hearing what you’re sure are probably little white lies (or some serious myths) about life with dental implants? If so, you might find yourself becoming more and more tempted to give into them without considering the potential consequences. Don’t worry, this is completely normal! However, it’s always best to bring any uncertainties you have directly to us, so we can ensure we point you in the direction toward a healthy smile that lasts. Test your knowledge with our implant quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False
- True or False: You can eat anything you want now that you have dental implants! Even extremely hard foods that your natural teeth could not handle.
- True or False: There’s no more reason to floss now that your entire tooth has been replaced by an implant post and a dental crown.
- True or False: Your smile cannot stain anymore, since your tooth is composed of artificial tissue. You can eat and drink anything without worrying about it.
- False. Your dental implants and crowns are not stronger than your natural teeth. They are certainly nearly as resilient but it’s important you don’t think of them as being able to withstand anything. Instead, if you come across food that seems very difficult to chew, take it off of your list and look for something else to eat.
- False. Don’t give into temptation when it comes to dental hygiene. Your flossing and brushing remain paramount to implant and oral health success!
- False. Your porcelain crowns are certainly exceptional at resisting stains. However, so are natural teeth and you know that they can eventually stain! The same is true for crowns. Discoloration is entirely possible, so make the modifications you need with deeply pigmented foods, so teeth replacements continue to shine brightly.
ABOUT YOUR ROHNERT PARK, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).