Dry Mouth Quiz
You may not spend much time worrying about dry mouth until it happens to you. If you’re a dental implant wearer, this issue can make you feel extremely concerned. Of course, you know that dry oral tissues promote the proliferation of bacteria, which can lead to inflamed gums and other problems. As a result, you worry that inflammation will destroy the incredible amount of effort you put into keeping implants safe. Fortunately, getting your mouth back to optimal condition is easy, though you may require a dental visit for assistance. Find out more regarding good (and bad) choices with our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re experiencing dry mouth, it’s a good idea to consume caffeinated drinks like coffee to help lubricate your oral tissues.
- True or False: When you’re already dealing with this problem, there’s no reason to worry about a cigarette habit. Smoking won’t make things better or worse.
- True or False: It seems like drinking water is a good idea but it’s not going to do much of anything to solve your problem with your mouth or protect your dental implants.
- False. Unfortunately, caffeinated drinks may cause your mouth to become drier. While your daily cup of coffee may not be responsible for your dry mouth, it might not be doing much to help.
- False. There’s always a reason to worry about cigarettes! Smoking is not good for your oral health, can make the chance of dental implant failure greater, and will certainly make dry mouth worse.
- False. Drinking water is a wonderful decision. It helps keep your mouth moist, hydrate your tissues, hydrate your body, and rinse away bacteria that your insufficient saliva flow has been missing.
Protect Dental Implants With Prevention
Dry mouth got you down and you’re worried that it may negatively affect your dental implants? Set up the time you need in Rohnert Park, CA by calling Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery at 707-584-1630 to schedule your visit today.