Quiz: Is Gum Health Really That Important?
You might feel very protective of your teeth and your dental implants. However, your gum tissue and gum health may become a bit of an afterthought. While we understand how this might make sense to you, we encourage you to recognize something very important: It’s essential that you protect every part of your oral cavity and surrounding structures to safeguard your oral health. Need some additional details regarding why your gums are so significant? Our quiz will help.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Generally speaking, your gum health doesn’t have very much to do with the anything we focus on at our oral surgery practice.
- True or False: One of the problem that might arise if you end up dealing with gum disease is the fact that inflamed gums can put the success of your dental implants at risk of failing.
- True or False: Unfortunately, if you have already dealt with tooth loss, problems with your gum health can lead to additional tooth loss. This is one of the reasons it’s so important to protect your gingival tissue.
- False. Remember that all parts of your smile need to work together in harmony for you to achieve and maintain oral health. When your gums are in poor health, it can affect all aspects of your smile and can even lead to a need for oral surgery.
- True. When gum tissue becomes inflamed, it can lead to the failure of your dental implant. We call this inflammation around an implant “peri-implantitis.” Keep your gingival tissue healthy with daily and professional care to avoid this hazard.
- True. If you didn’t already know, remember that gum disease can cause tooth loss. Keep your entire smile healthy to prevent a need for additional implants.
Protect Your Smile With Excellent Gum Health
If you need assistance with protecting your smile, addressing tooth loss, or caring for dental implants, come talk with us! Schedule the time you need in Rohnert Park, CA by calling Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery at 707-584-1630 to schedule your visit today.