Are you feeling upset because you discovered you have suffered jaw damage? The bad news is that this can postpone your ability to receive dental implants because they require good jaw health. The great news is that we offer bone grafting to improve the health and density of your jawbone, so it may offer sufficient support to an implant (or implants). Find out how much you know regarding jaw tissue deterioration, so you feel positive about making the improvements you need.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: One reason patients suffer from jaw tissue loss and the need for bone grafting is periodontal disease, which results in a multitude of problems.
- True or False: The very thing you are trying to treat – tooth loss – is often the culprit behind the deterioration of your jawbone.
- True or False: Choosing grafting to address your jaw tissue loss is a good option but its success rate is quite low.
- True. Periodontal disease is often misunderstood by patients. What begins as curable gingivitis can progress into a destructive disease that results in tooth loss and jawbone deterioration.
- True. When you lose a tooth, your body “assumes” your jawbone is no longer necessary to support teeth. As a result, jaw tissue begins to be resorbed. Fortunately, we can restore your jaw tissue and prepare for implants with bone grafting.
- False. This treatment enjoys a very high success rate, so you can look forward to improving your jaw health and receiving implants as planned.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA ROSA, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).