You might be aware that part of your experience at our practice is going to include the use of digital X-rays for a full understanding of your oral health. While our ability to gain an extensive visual understanding of your smile probably seems quite amazing, it doesn’t mean that you don’t still have questions about this type of technology. Let us dispel some myths and fill you in on important details with the help of a quick quiz! Of course, if you find that you still want to learn a bit more regarding our advanced imaging, remember that we will always be happy to answer questions.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Digital X-rays are actually safer for the environment than conventional ones.
- True or False: When we take X-rays of your smile with a digital approach, you’re exposed to a reduced amount of radiation.
- True or False: Relying on digital technology saves time, which means a faster, more comfortable appointment experience.
- True: Digital X-rays are created without the use of film or processing chemicals. It’s all virtual! We collect images that we then upload into our computer. It doesn’t create waste, it’s very quick, and we can transfer the images electronically to your general dentist if necessary.
- True. The reduction isn’t just a small fraction. You’re actually going to be exposed to less than 50 percent when compared with a conventional approach to imaging.
- True. The time it takes to take the X-rays, look them over, and then discuss them with you is greatly reduced when compared with processing conventional film.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA ROSA, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).