The process of selecting dental implants for your smile is one with several steps – the first of which includes determining whether you qualify for treatment. We understand that you may feel hesitant to visit us for a consultation because you are concerned you may not make a suitable candidate. To this worry, we would like to respond by assuring you that implants work for a wide variety of patients (even those who are not ideal candidates as they begin their teeth replacement journey). See how much you know about candidacy (and possibly have some questions answered) by quizzing your current understanding of the requirements.
Implant Candidacy: True or False?
- True or False: As long as you have a desire to choose dental implants to replace your teeth, you may visit us to begin your treatment immediately.
- True or False: If your jawbone has deteriorated due to periodontal disease or other contributing factors, there is nothing we can do to help. You will need to consider alternative options to replace your teeth.
- True or False: If you are interested in replacing multiple teeth at once but you do not want to rely on single implants per open space, you may rely on implant-retained prosthetics like dental bridges or dentures.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. Qualifying for dental implants is complex – we will need to make sure that you are healthy enough for surgery and that your jawbone can support implants. We will begin with a consultation, which will include a thorough dental examination and discussion.
- False. If your jawbone is damaged, you do not necessarily need to cross implants off of your list of options. We may first recommend bone grafting to improve the volume and strength of your jaw tissue.
- True. We can place multiple implant posts (fewer than the amount of open spaces in your smile) to offer exceptional stability to larger prosthetics.
ABOUT YOUR ROHNERT PARK, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).