Leonard M. Tyko II, DDS, MD, FACS
Dr. Tyko earned his bachelor’s degree from UC Riverside, his dental degree from UCLA, and his medical degree from the University of Texas, Houston. Upon completion of his general surgery internship and oral and maxillofacial surgery residency, Dr. Tyko returned to his home state to join our practice in 2000. In addition, Dr. Tyko is Chief of Dentistry and serves on the facial trauma team at our neighboring Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. He is past-President of the California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Tyko embodies the spirit of service that is at the heart our practice. He served as President of the California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in 2016. He advocates for quality oral health legislation and volunteers with California CareForce to provide free medical, dental and vision care to people in need at mobile health clinics across the state. He lectures regularly at Santa Rosa JC and Sonoma State, hosts industry seminars and offers continuing education courses to medical and dental professionals throughout the region.
Outside the office, Dr. Tyko enjoys being with his four children, coaching Little League, mountain biking and mountaineering—mountain biking, hiking and mountaineering— he hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and successfully summited Mount Shasta, Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa and Mount Blanc in France!
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (2002)
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons (Year? Keep in backward chronological order)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: University of Texas, Houston (1994–2000)
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas, Houston (1998)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery: University of California, Los Angeles (1994)
- Bachelor of Science, Biology: University of California, Riverside (1990)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Redwood Empire Dental Society (REDS)
If you have questions or concerns, or wish to speak with one of our oral/maxillofacial specialists, then please contact our staff at Santa Rosa Oral Surgery, or set up an appointment by clicking here.