How much do you know about the advantages of dental implants? Have you become sidetracked as you learn all about candidacy, how much time the recovery process requires, and more? Perhaps the terminology has worked its way into the forefront of your research. Whatever the case, the benefits associated with this tooth replacement solution are what most patients rely on as they make their final decision to complete their smiles. Find out how much you have learned so far (or pick up a new detail or two) with a brief quiz.
Dental Implant Advantages: True-or-False Quiz
- True or False: Dental implants are known for their exceptional stability, which means you will not need to worry about comfortable eating or speaking.
- True or False: Dental implants require very little time when it comes to placement and recovery.
- True or False: Implants will preserve the alignment of your smile that you enjoyed before tooth loss.
- True. Because implants are anchored within your jaw tissue (with which they fuse), you will find that your replacement teeth run a close second to your natural teeth.
- False. While they require much more time than other prosthetics, such as bridges and dentures, they offer something no other solution does: They replace your tooth’s roots. Once healed, the implant supports a prosthetic to replace your visible tooth portion, as well.
- True. Dental implants will keep your remaining natural teeth from moving, which they often do after tooth loss – they tend to shift toward the open spot, which may lead to a misaligned smile.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA ROSA, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).