Do you assume you will need wisdom tooth removal because just about everyone you know has had these third molars removed? Even if this is the case, it can be a bit hard to muster up the motivation to schedule visits with us (unless you are experiencing discomfort). However, if you are familiar with wisdom teeth and associated potential problems, becoming proactive in protecting your oral health becomes much easier. By taking a helpful quiz, you can more quickly identify the reasons to have this final set of molars removed and how the procedure may offer significant protection to your health.
Wisdom Teeth Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If your wisdom teeth have developed successfully but you find them too difficult to care for, serious consequences may arise.
- True or False: Ignoring an impacted wisdom tooth is fine as long as the tooth does not erupt.
- True or False: We only suggest wisdom tooth removal for individuals whose wisdom teeth have had time to fully develop or become impacted.
- True. If you cannot reach your teeth to thoroughly clean them, you may suffer from problems like tooth decay or infection, which will then require treatments like fillings, or root canal treatment. If your third molars are difficult to maintain, we suggest removing them.
- False. Your impacted tooth will require wisdom tooth removal for a reason: Impacted teeth may lead to significant damage, significant discomfort, and can even result in issues like gum disease that may have a widespread effect on your oral health and overall wellbeing.
- False. We suggest scheduling visits with us as early as possible, so we may monitor progress and growth and perform wisdom tooth removal before the teeth have time to result in damage.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA ROSA, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).