How much do you know about digital radiography? Are you completely clear on what sets digital X-rays and standard X-rays apart or do you generally assume they’re the same thing? How about other forms of imaging at our practice? Have you been fully informed regarding what we offer or do you still have some unanswered questions? Let’s get you started with a quick quiz – it will address your questions and let you know just how familiar you’ve become with digital imaging.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: There’s not much of a difference between digital X-rays and standard X-rays. Primarily, the digital one just doesn’t rely on film but the standard one does.
- True or False: If you need anything more advanced than an X-ray, we will send you to another facility.
- True or False: We make conservative decisions when relying on digital radiography as we plan your surgery.
- False. While it is true that the digital X-rays do not rely on film but are loaded as files into our computer, there are other things that make them different. Digital radiography emits approximately 50 percent less radiation, it results in nearly no waste (no use of chemicals or film), and the digital images are extremely easy to visually manipulate for enhanced viewing.
- False. We offer everything you need in-house, including digital X-rays, panoramic X-rays, and CT scans.
- True. We only request the use of particular types of imaging when necessary for the optimal outcome of your treatment.
ABOUT YOUR ROHNERT PARK, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).