Do you feel completely confident in your abilities to protect your dental implants from the effects of periodontal problems? Are you an expert at spotting the earliest signs of changes to your gum tissue? If you’re not sure how to answer these questions, then chances are good that you may need a quick refresher to help you maintain excellent gum health and protected implants. Take a moment to work your way through a brief quiz for the information you need.
Quiz Question: True or False?
- True or False: You can always simply rely on the common symptoms associated with periodontal disease to let you know something is wrong.
- True or False: When you keep your visits with your general dentist for twice-annual checkups, you can quickly find out if gum problems are afoot because your dentist will notice them.
- True or False: Showing up for follow-up visits at our practice after receiving dental implants is essential, so we can ensure your gums are healthy and that your level of oral health is promoting the success of those implants.
- False. If you see symptoms of periodontal disease, they are certainly worth recognizing (you should call your dentist or our team immediately). However, it’s of the utmost importance that you remember: Symptoms might not happen until much later in the game when disease has become advanced.
- True. Since you aren’t always going to be so lucky to see immediate symptoms with the onset of gum issues, you can rely on expert care. Show up to every single six-month dental checkup and your dentist can let you know if your gums require extra care.
- True. Don’t brush off your follow ups because you assume everything is just fine. Instead, allow us to check out the situation to ensure your dental implants are safe and all looks well.
Protect Your Implants By Protecting Your Periodontal Health
Find out more about your gum health and how to protect it when you come in for a visit with our practice. Schedule the time you need in Santa Rosa, CA by calling Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery at 707-545-4625 to schedule your visit today.