Quiz: IV Sedation
When you require oral surgery and we speak with you about your anesthesia options, you might be surprised to learn that there’s not just one choice. Did you know, for instance, that choosing IV sedation means you are selecting the option that will provide you with the greatest sense of calm? If this sounds like the sedation decision you would like to select for yourself, you may wish to clarify a few details first. A good place to begin is with our quiz, which can offer some of the answers you’ve been seeking. For anything else, please let us know during your upcoming visit.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: IV sedation is a good choice for many people but not individuals who have a phobia of needles.
- True or False: The best way to find out if this type of sedation is a good choice for you is to talk with our team about sedation, what you want, and to ask questions about this choice.
- True or False: If you choose the IV form of anesthesia, you will need a ride home.
- True. IV sedation is intravenous sedation, which means you will receive medication directly into your bloodstream. We access your bloodstream by placing a very tiny needle into a vein (either in your arm or in the back of your hand).
- True. Attempting to figure out all of the facts on your own, whether by talking with friends or searching the internet, can turn up some false information. Ask our team whatever it is you wish to know, so you feel informed.
- True. Thanks to its deeply relaxing effects, this sedative will require you to secure a friend or loved one who can drive you back to your home after your visit.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA ROSA, CA, ORAL SURGEONS:
Combining experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a genuine care for their patients’ health and comfort, the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery is ready to improve the health and beauty of smiles in the Sonoma County and North Bay area. To schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling 707-545-4625 (Santa Rosa) or 707-584-1630 (Rohnert Park).